Shadowhunters: the mortal instrument is a novel written by Cassandra Clare and was first introduced on TV in 2013 starring Lilly Collins and Jamie Campbell Bower. That was the time I totally fell in love with the story about Shadowhunters hunting for demons and was totally devastated when it was announced that there wasn’t going to be a sequel. Luckily in 2015 they decided to make The mortal instruments into a TV series and it just confirmed a season 3!
Shadowhunters follows a normal teenage girl Clary Fray who is going to an arts school in Brooklyn. Together with her best friend Simon and her mother she lives a perfectly normal life. That is until she turns 18 and her mother is being kidnapped by the Circle; a group of rogue Shadowhunters, their leader being Clary’s father Valentine.
She meets a group of Shadowhunters who tell her she possesses angelic blood which makes her a Shadowhunter as well, just like her parents. Together they try to do everything to save their mother and to save the world from demons and vampires.
5 reasons to watch Shadowhunters
- Shadowhunters tells of a supernatural teenage girl who goes through things a lot of teenage girls are going through. Heartbreak, dealing with their parents, insecurtity. This is what makes the show real, even though we all know vampires and werewolves don’t exists.
- If you know the movie you know they had to leave out a lot of details about the Shadowworld. In the TV series they go deeper into other characters’ stories and the story itself is better told.
- It’s a part of a very popular book series. Not just in the US but the books are a worldwide phenomenon. That means that it’s possible that as long as the book fans also like the series will get a lot of seasons!
- The characters are similar to the books characters. I’m gonna be honest, I’ve been told this fact. I haven’t read the books, mostly because I don’t like reading a book while the TV show is still on air.
- And last but not least, something we can’t ignore. It’s a very good looking cast. Kathrine McNamara with her beautiful long red hair and not a bad word about Dominic Sherwood (doesn’t Sherwood sound like a Shadowhunter’s name to you?).
What is your opinion about Shadowhunters?
Lots of Love